I AM Presence, Copyright © The Temple of The Presence®

I AM Presence, Copyright © The Temple of The Presence®
Alpha and Omega Portraits of the Presence, Copyright © The Temple of The Presence®

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Does the Scarf Cover Your Eyes by Atiba Taylor

I wrote this last night, the poem speaks for me and itself.

Does the Scarf Cover Your Eyes?

Does the sea sleep somberly or rise and wail at the moon
Because it waxes when it does?

Does the lion cub now full grown, lash at its mother
When she learns, now it must chase down its own hunger?

Maybe Father Time wrestles gladly with the Sands of time
And wins one day only to find the sands dance merrily from his grasp

Does all the gold and silver of the world wink mischievously at the lost wealth of
Some great phoenix risen from the dead, or does it stay in the cave to slay the fallen dragon?

If I give you 22 years could you give me 4 years back?
Or maybe I could give you 7 years and at my death you would owe me five.

Maybe resentment and obligation fight in the doorway,
While someone cries as laughter falls asleep

If I could heal all the wounds of Tomorrow’s life
Would the grand musician slap me for taking her job?

Maybe Unforgiveness is a lady dressed in Red
And her sister Forgiveness is burnt in a Violet Flame with a scarf that covers her eyes

Could Love be some blind mistress I saw wrestling to the ground the wiggling Mr. Judgement?
Or maybe she should let him go because he does his job for those who don’t know
How to put the scarf over their eyes

No comments: